Monday, August 4, 2008

YU-UM!!!

Yesterday I made some Rice Krispie treats and I have got to say......YUM!!!!!!! They were so freakin' yummy.....so much better than the pre-made one's in the stores!! I remember when I was younger my mom used to buy the treats from the store and loved them, but she never made them. I can't wait for her to get well enough to visit so I can make some for her!!!

I have been so bad this past weekend. Not only did I make R.K. treats, I also bought a box of brownie mix so I can make brownies.......not what I need when i'm not on any sugar meds, huh?!? LOL I haven't made them yet but that box is SO calling my name right now......"Chris.....come bake me........." It sure doesn't help that aunt flo just left and I seem to crave junkie food after she leaves instead of before.......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! I've never made RCT's. I had some when I was in elementary school, someone's Mom made them and I've had the store bought ones. Maybe I should do that too, I think it would be fun for the kids.

And I know what you mean about the treats. I'm cheap. I love to buy on sale. So therefore we have many boxes of cake mix, maybe 2 boxes of brownie mix and 3-4 bags of cookie mix because the prices have been so good. And yet I had no birthday cake. ROFL! Oops.

Cookies are calling my name--I say as I should be exercising at this very moment....

Christine said...

Awww, you had no birthday cake?!? I would have made you one!!! We just started with stocking up on cake and cake mizes. Foodlion had brownie mixxes for $1, and I had a coupon for $1 off when you buy 2! I *think* they were Betty Crocker......not sure. I like making my own cookies from scratch, but I think when I see the cookie mixes on sale i'm going to get a few. About a week ago a made a batch of chocolate chip cookie dough and froze it, so now whenever we want homemade c.c. cookies, all I have to do is take however many we want out, throw them on a cookie sheet and bake them!!