Monday, September 22, 2008

Welcome fall!!!!



I'm so glad the cooler weather is here!!! Don't get me wrong, I love summer.....but enough with the hot temps!!! I love the feel of the autumn cool air and the smell of the woodstoves burning. It isn't quite cool enough for the stoves, but i'm actually looking forward to it!! Although, i'm sure it won't be long and i'll be posting about how sick and tired I am of finding pieces of wood in my carpet! LOL I'm so ready for a change, though.....so bring on the cool weather!!!!!

So the weekend is over. It was actually not too bad. We got lots of running done and stocked up on some things for the house. Plus, I got to go to DollarTree and get a few picture frames i'd been wanting. :) Also, we went to Target to look for another fan for the window. (yes, we love it cold in the house....we run a fan in the window all fall/winter long!) Target has a dollar section when you first walk in, and of course I always hit that area first. I found some super cute clear stamps as well as something I had been wanting for quite some time.......acrylic blocks for clear stamps!!! They were only $1 a piece, so of course I scooped up several of them.....I couldn't believe that I had found them! I know they aren't the fancy name brand blocks, but for $1 I just couldn't pass that up!! Then when we went to Wal-mart, I found some 2.5x3.5 picture frames for only $1 and they are SUPER cute!!! (i'm going through a picture frame obsession right now.....) We also got the things we need for Tyler's halloween costume.....he asked if he could be a sheriff this year, so we got a set of toy guns with the belt thingie and a super cool sheriff badge. He already has a hat he can wear, so all we still need to find for him is a long sleeve white shirt and I still want to try and find him a cheapy sheriff vest he can wear. He's really excited about going trick or treating this year.......we take him to the local mall and in less than an hour he has a decent amount of goodies. Plus, we have chick-fil-a for dinner......yum!!!!

Zane surprised me Saturday.....when he got off from work he snuck over to the craft store Michael's and got me a 16x20 collage picture frame (for my frame obsession! LOL) AND, a 12x12 scrapbook container!! I was so shocked that he remembered me telling him about the case......he is just too good to me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post!! I like your Halloween costume idea!!

Christine said...

Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

How cute. Don't mess with Sheriff Ty! :) We don't even know what the kids are going to be, they haven't decided yet. I can't believe Halloween will be here soon--I've been married almost 10 years? I've only been married almost 10 years? LOL!

And I love $1 stuff. It doesn't take much to make me happy--unless I'm really pissed--LOL!

Good for Zane! What a man--said in my best Mae West. LOL!

Your new layout looks nice. I wish it was nice and cool already. At night we've been getting 50's--ahhhhh! During the day, still 80's. I want some sweater weather right now!

Christine said...

Wow, 10 years.....that is so cool!! Zane and I have been together for over 8 years, and some days it feels like it's been forever....other days it feels like it's been alot shorter!

Girl, I am all about dollar stores and getting things for $1.....I even get alot of scrapbook stuff for $1!!!

Thank you for the layout compliment...I really love the colors!! I'm with you on the sweather weather. I've been wearing pajama pants or sweatpants in the morning, but by afternoon I change into shorts......I want cooler weather!!!!