Monday, November 10, 2008

FREEDOM!!!!!

Saturday night I got a call from my sister Dee. She asked how I was doing and wanted to congratulate us on being pregnant. She said her hubby had gone over to my dads earlier that day to help tear down the pool they had. (It kind of made me a little sad, since I had bought the pool when I was living at home for my mom, but I know it was time for the thing to come down) Anyhoo, she said my dad was talking to her hubby and said he was really thinking about driving down to visit us and bring us the car before Christmas, since the weather was nice and the gas prices were down. Well, her hubby came home and after thinking about it for a little while, he told my sister to call dad and tell him he would drive down with him!!!! SOOOOOO, yesterday afternoon my dad and my BIL got here and we now have a second vehicle!!!!!!! It feels so good to have that freedom back again, and to know i'm not stuck cooped up in this house. Plus, knowing that it was my mom's and she wanted me to have it means so much to me. In fact, when we were coming back from the DMV (which, by the way, was amazing!!!! They were so fast and friendly!) my dad said, "Just think of this car as a gift from mom." He then got choked up and didn't say anything else about it, but it really means the world to me that he/they wanted us to have it. I am so grateful to them both.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, that was sweet. I mean everything and especially your Dad getting choked up. That warmed my heart. :) BIL is nice too.

Christine said...

It was a really nice visit. It was so comforting having dad be here. I can't wait until he comes back next month. :)