Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!

I hope all you mama's out there have a great Mothers Day today! Tyler got me a super cute card and some beautiful carnations this morning....I cried when he handed them to me! I'll have to get a pic of them to share. I also got a text from my girlfriend in MD and from my niece wishing me a happy mothers day...SO SWEET!!!! I was seriously dreading this day since mom passed away. The day she passed, I immediately thought about all the holidays I wouldn't get to share with her anymore, and Mothers Day hurt the most. When Z and I bought mothers day cards last week, it felt so wrong not getting mom a card to mail. I'm hoping for mothers day next year we'll have the extra money to go to MD so I can visit moms grave. I miss her so much......


On a lighter note, Z is cooking boneless pork ribs with some texas toast for dinner......the ribs are marinating as I type this!! Photobucket I made some iced tea to go with it.......nothing like JFG sweet tea to go with some super sloppy barbecue ribs!!!!!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I am so sorry that this Mother's Day was so hard on you. I can't imagine what you have gone through in the last year. I truly hope that you'll be able to go on that trip and see your mother's grave...sooner than next year!

Christine said...

Aww, thank you so much Bethany!! I miss you!!! *hugs*