Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Long weekend

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in awhile. Last Friday we got our income tax back and we've been super busy ever since!!! We've been stocking up on things we've been needing as well as dealing with some germs going through the house. Z, Ty and Chase all had a cold that lasted for over a week and I had been fighting it off but now I finally have it. It feels more like a head cold with a crappy cough, but as long as I keep up with Advil and some cough meds at night I can function. Poor Tyler, though. He got rid of his cold, but a few days last week he complained about his ear bothering him a little. Saturday morning he woke up and it was really hurting him. I put some numbing drops in and gave him some Motrin and he seemed fine. By the time we got to the second store of the morning he was crying really hard about his ear hurting him. When we got back home I gave him more drops and more Motrin, but they just wouldn't take the pain away for long at all. Z put a call into the doctors after-hours nurse, and of course they were over an hour behind with call backs. I had checked Ty's temp and it was slightly high....99.4. About 45 minutes later it was up to 100.4. :( He was so miserable, and nothing was helping. While waiting for the nurse to call us back, he got sick. Z finally called them and told them that his temp was even higher and he had gotten sick, so they updated his info and said a nurse would be in touch as soon as possible. I told Z to just take him to the ER and he was going to, but the nurse finally called us back. Z ended up taking Ty to the ER anyway and his left ear was infected really bad, and the right ear was not too far off. :( They gave him some strong antibiotics and more ear numbing drops. (that work 100% better than the drops we had!!) They also gave him some Tylenol with codeine before they left the ER and by the time they got home he was barely able to walk. He slept for a few hours, then woke up a little after 2am and got sick again. After that he and I slept in the living room and he seemed to be doing good. He still complains about his ear hurting from time to time, but he is so much better. I hate seeing my boys so sick like that. :(

Well, as far as our shopping, we got some amazing deals!! We finally got a new freezer, and it's so nice to have storage again. We're going tonight (hopefully) to get a new kitchen table. I like the one we have, but it's just too big for where we live right now. :( We also gto some AMAZING deals of clothes for the boys!!! We found sleepers for Chase for under $3, and Ty got some new shoes and slippers he had been wanting. (just like daddy's slippers!) I got 2 new bras (which is a HUGE deal for me, as I HATE having to buy bras.......I prefer to just let the twins hang, myself) I also got a bigger memory card for my camera, plus got an AMAZING deal on a super cute camera case. (i'll do a seperate post on that in a sec) All in all we did very well, and still paid lots of bills. It feels so good to know things are paid up and ahead for once. :)