Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ok, i've been bad....

And not the good kind of bad!! Photobucket  Ok, I want to give a warning as this post may be a little gross for some, even though I tried not to go into too much detail......just giving a heads up before you read it!!!!

A few weeks ago I pulled a cuticle off of my finger...something I have done hundreds of thousands of time. It didn't hurt at all....heck, it didn't even bleed! A day or so later I went to pick something up with that hand (left hand, thank goodness) and I noticed my finger felt sore. The finger was a little bit red near the nail (where the cuticle came off) so I put some neosporin on it and a band aid. It seemed to help, so I didn't think about it too much. I did that on and off for several days, but it didn't seem to be working. The pain was SO bad, I was taking advil every 4 hours, even at night. If I held my hand below my heart it would throb and just SCREAM! SO I was basically walking around holding my hand up in the air, and even that didn't help the pain all the time. (Oh, and I forgot to mention it's my middle finger so it looks like i'm flipping everyone off....nice, huh?!?) I was terrified to go to the doctor because all I kept thinking about was how bad it hurt and if the doc got ahold of it, I can only imagine what kind of pain I would be in! I did get brave and lance my finger to try and drain it (by this time the tip of my finger was so red and swollen and unbearably painful) to relieve some pressure and hopefully some pain. It did drain a little and the pain wasn't as bad, but that didn't last long at all. 3 days later I decided to try and lance it again....BIG mistake. O.M.G. As soon as the lance hit my finger I screamed. It did drain alot, but the pain was just....WOW!!! (and i've pushed out 2 kids!! Well, I DID have an epidural helping me with that, but with Ty it wore off by the time I was ready to push...) I ended up crying for over 30 minutes after it stopped draining from the pain. At that point I decided I needed to just go to the doctor. So yesterday morning I went, praying the whole time that he wouldn't have to hurt me. (I sound like such a wimp...LOL) He looked at it and said he wanted to give some antibiotics a try and if they didn't help right away he wanted me back on Thursday so he could lance it. Well, I started the meds yesterday (taking 4 a day.....yikes!!) and as of this morning it doesn't seem any different. Still swollen and painful, but not as painful as it has been draining on and off on it's own since Monday morning. It's basically like it was yesterday. It can take a few days for meds like that to actually work, but he seemed to be kind of worried about it because he was only giving them one day to really have them start to work. (he said to call him by noon today if it wasn't ANY better and he would lance it Thursday because he was off Friday....and I guess he doesn't want it to go any longer being infected?!) It kind of worries me that he seems worried about it. It also seems like i'm going to lose my nail since I can basically push on my nail (GENTLY) and it will start to drain.....unfortunately there is now blood under my nail. :(

Gah, all of this from a pulled flippin cuticle!!!!! Photobucket