Wednesday, June 27, 2012

We are off and running!

So we've been working on Chase with potty training on and off for a little while now, but we are now going full blast with it! Yesterday Z was off from work and we usually do our running when he is off. We put a pair of undies on Chase and brought his potty seat with us, and he did GREAT!! He was beyond thrilled that he peed at Walmart and that he got to at least try to pee at Food City. (local grocery store that he likes) While at Walmart we bought him a huge pack of pull-ups (Walmart brand...they worked GREAT for Ty and were so much cheaper than the name brand training pants!) for night time and I put up all the diapers we had left. When we were home yesterday afternoon he told me a few times that he had to pee, and he did good. Right after dinner, Ty made a comment about Chase being stinky and I asked Chase if he had to pee and he said "No, poop" and sounded like he was trying to go, so I told him to run to the bathroom and I was right behind him! He got on his seat and pushed a tiny bit and then said "I need diaper for poop" and I told him we didn't have them anymore and that it was ok to do his business in the big potty.....and he did it!!! He was so very proud of himself, as were we all! He did amazing the rest of the day and when it was time for bed I got a pull up out and showed him how they went on like his underwear, and he seemed to be ok with that.He went to bed and when he woke up he was totally dry (well, he has been like that for a long time now). I took him into the bathroom and he peed! He has had underwear on all day so far, and even did #2 earlier!

I can not believe my baby is working on potty training, and doing so well with it! I am so very proud of him, but at the same time it is tough to accept since he IS my baby. Using diapers was the last of the "baby" things he still had....when they are gone that will be it. :(  Why does time have to go by so fast?!?!?!

No comments: