Monday, June 11, 2007

The weekend is over..

Boy, did it go by fast!! It was nice, but SO warm here! Saturday I got a little cleaning done, but it was just so warm I didn't get a whole lot done. My brother-in-law is supposed to come for a visit this weekend so I want to try and get things in better shape around here. I have SO much to do! (and yet, here I still sit...crazy, huh?!?) When Zane came home from work Saturday we went to the grocery store to get a few things, then got dinner out. It was so nice to not have to cook! Granted it was McDonald's, but it was still nice not to have to cook in the heat. Yesterday we scrubbed our front porch and got it nice and clean. It looks SO much nicer now! On Saturday I discovered we now have a mouse living in the kitchen again....so unless it is the same mouse from the laundry/bathroom, we now have 2 of the little buggers in the house!! UGH!!!!! I'm assuming since it's so warm and dry outside they are deciding to come in and seek out water......fun, fun, fun!!! NOT!!! >:-( We have plenty of traps set so now all we have to do is catch them. You would think our little "killer" cat MeeMee would catch them......she's caught 2 since we've lived here, plus a lizard that got in, and a chipmunk that SHE brought into the house for us!! Wasn't that so very sweet of her?!?!? Goofy cat. Anyhoo....hopefully if the traps don't catch the mice, MeeMee will. Time will tell, I guess.....

So last week we had Ty's iron levels checked and they also check his height and weight. He is now 33lbs 7 ozs and 38" tall!! I had been telling Zane it seemed like Ty was getting taller, but I didn't know he had grown like that. Since I see him every day it's hard for me to see a difference, but it really looked like he had gotten taller...and I was right! My little boy is growing up......:-(

This morning I was sitting at the computer, enjoying my "child free" time (Ty was still asleep) when I hear our dog Licorice (Licky for short) do a deep, low "woof". I peeked into the living room and saw she was looking out the sliding door......usually when she does this, it's either a squirrel or a deer. Or on a rare occassion, a raccoon. I told her to hush and didn't give it much thought. Well, she did it several more times, so I get up to look out the door......and there is a wild turkey in the backyard!!! OMG, this thing was HUGE! It was almost, if not as tall, as Tyler is!!! I went tor grab my camera and when I got back to get it's pic it had started over the hill to the field....I did snap a pic, but not a very good one. I've seen one in the yard before, but never that close!!! Too cool!!!

For dinner last night I fixed spaghetti with meatballs and garlic breadsticks....SUPER YUMMY!!! I also had a salad with it that was delicious as well! I hadn't had a salad in so long. We also had sweet tea that we brewed earlier that day......it was a perfect dinner!!! Tyler tore up the meatballs!!! Zane rolled them for me and made several small meatballs just for Ty...he loved them!!! I think he ate about 6 of them! He'd rather eat just meatballs and no spaghetti at all! LOL Tonight for dinner i'm fixing boneless pork chops, mashed potatoes, corn, pork gravy and biscuits.....YUM!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

No comments: