Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Another hot one

Today is supposed to be another hot one out there.....poor Tyler wants to play outside so badly. With the heat being so bad, I can only let him out in the mornings, and even then he can't stay out too long. I did let him play on the front porch yesterday and after oly a few minutes out there he told me "It's too hot mommy, let's go in...." We are both ready for the cooler weather!!!

Our weekend was pretty nice and laid back. Sunday Zane found a race track that he had gotten when I was pregnant with Tyler. They had so much fun playing with that! Last night we did some grocery shopping at the walmart supercenter. After we got our grocery items, I headed over to housewares to find something i've been looking for, and also wanted to check the toys for a car for Ty. (we're looking for Chick Hicks, a car from the disney movie Cars) Anyhoo, while in the toys I caught something from the corner of my eye on a shelf........I walked over and found something I had been looking for for Tyler, that I wanted to get him for christmas. A Jr. doctor's set!!! He found a stethescope upstairs that Zane had brought home when I was pregnant and loves it!!! So I started doing some research online to see about getting him his own set for christmas. Amazon had them starting at $15, so I was going to order him one the next time I got some gift cards.....the kit at walmart was only $4.88!!!! I couldn't believe it!! Zane ended up giving it to him last night, though! LOL He actually gave it to him when he took it off the shelf, and told him how proud he was of him sleeping in his big boy bed. Tyler was so excited!!!

Speaking of his own bed, he's still doing great in his bed......last night he slept until 7 this morning. The night before he got in our bed a little before 5am. I wish I could sleep as good as he is! LOL I've been tossing and turning almost every night for the past week or so, and have no idea why. We're still sleeping at the bottom of our bed for Tyler, so I wonder if that could be why i'm not sleeping good......who knows?!?!?

Well, I guess that will do it for now. I have to pee and get Tyler a snack....he's always telling me he is hungry lately!!! It must be a growth spurt or something......he looks so much taller to me lately. Tonight for dinner we're doing prok chops on the grill with some rice and veggies.....not sure what else, if anything, we'll have with it. Hope everyone had a great weekend and is having a great week so far!!!!!!!

2 comments:

bluehoneytigger said...

Tyler is sleeping in his own bed is just great. I’m so happy for you. I hope that he keeps up the good work I could be wrong but your not sleeping well could be that he’s not in bed with you anymore. I know that may sound crazy but you know I went through the same thing just a few short months ago. I feel kind of ashamed of myself that I had a hard time getting along with out her. I mean it was not so much for me that she was not in bed with me but that she was in a different room all together. I still sleep with my bedroom door open so that I can get to her faster in the middle of the night. Or I could be completely wrong and it could be you sleeping at the bottom of the bed. Anyway my doctor told me to start reading before bed. I did for a while and now I have no time at all. But it did help.
On a different topic has Zane ever made you his Veal Parmesan? He taught me how to make Chicken Parmesan, I don’t do veal. But if you like it you should have him make it for you. Just a meal suggestion.
BTW my weekends sucked and my weeks sucks. We all have colds. :(

Christine said...

Awww, i'm sorry y'all are sick....hope everyone is feeling better soon!! **hugs**

As far as sleeping, I honestly think it is because he isn't in bed with us anymore. We moved to the top of the bed last night and I still didn't sleep good until he got in bed with us later on. You would think it wouldn't be so bad since his bed is right at the foot of ours....I can't imagine how hard it's going to be on me when he's in his own room!! LOL
I love, love, LOVE Zane's chicken parmesan....I don't do veal either, so i've never had that. But his chicken parmesan kicks butt!! As a matter of fact, we had it last week....with a loaf of parmesan garlic french bread from walmart....YUM-O!!!! mmmm, now i'm craving italian food!! LOL