Saturday, August 18, 2007

It's the weekend!!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. Zane is working today, so it's just Ty and I at home right now. As of right now it's pretty cool outside.....I know it won't last long, though! It's supposed to be really warm and muggy again today, but I *think* there is a chance for some storms today. I'd love to see some rain around here!

So yesterday I started re-doing the playroom to turn it into Tyler's room. We had been talking about doing this for over a year now, so I figured it was about time I got started on it!! LOL I got his dresser moved into the room and got some of his toys re-organized, and that's about it. The computer is still in the room, so i'll need to find another place to put that....and I have NO idea where to put it. It has to be someplace that has a phone line since we still have dial-up. I thought about putting upstairs in my scrap room, but Zane said he'd rather not keep it up there. I'll have to do some looking around today to see where else I can put it. We also won't put his bed in his room just yet, as he is still working on sleeping in there all night. Thursday night he slept from 9:45pm until after 8am yesterday morning!!! That is the first time he has EVER slept that long!! He usually wakes up from anywhere between 2:30am and 7:15am. Last night he got in our bed at 1:45am......I was half asleep when I felt him crawling into our bed and then I heard him ask me "mommy, you think I can get in your bed now?!?" So I told him to come on up and I went back to sleep. I'm thinking if we get him a bigger bed he would do a little better in it. Hopefully we'll be able to get him another bed later this year.

*yawn* For some reason, I am so sleepy this morning!! I thought I had slept pretty decent last night.....I think it's because I need some caffeine in my system. Then again, it's most likely because Aunt Flo has reared her ugly head as of yesterday, so that could be a big part of the problem, too. Today, in between messing with getting Ty's room situated, i'm going to try a recipe I got offline for peanut butter cookies!!! It has no flour in it at all.........just sugar, vanilla, an egg and peanut butter. I was watching a cooking show this morning and she made some homemade butter pecan ice cream......YUM!!! Boy do I wish we had an ice cream maker!! (just what a diabetic needs, right?!? LOL)

Well, I guess I need to get started. In between cleaning and baking cookies, I have laundry to do today as well. For dinner tonight we're having some sweet italian sausage with some baked beans....not sure if we'll have anything else with it. Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!!!

No comments: