Thursday, August 30, 2007

Doctor appointment today

Today I had a follow up appointment with our doc...at 8am!! Ugh, it was so hard to get out of bed so early for that!!! But, it was nice to get it out of the way, though. They did an A1C test to see how my sugar averages have been the past month, and it has dropped somewhat. When we first started seeing this doctor, my A1C number was 11.3, which is way too high. (a good number is anything between 6-7) I'm not sure what my number was exactly, but it has dropped.....just not quite where the doc wants me to be. So, he's giving me a month to get it where it should be, and if it's still out of whack I will most likely be going on insulin. Well, he said he would put me on the insulin pump. Honestly, with how many sugar pills I am taking and the cost of one of them, insulin is sounding better and better! LOL I was on insulin when I was pregnant with Tyler, and I had no problems at all giving myself a shot, so i'm not worried about going back on it at all. Actually, it would be easier since it would actually be an insulin pump, so I technically wouldn't be giving myself a shot. Ah well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Right now i'm really going to crack down on my exercising and eating better. Eating better is SO hard, though!! Those darn carbs are everywhere!!! And their SO good! LOL But this is something I know I can get under control. I am determined to do better!!!!!!!

Speaking of exercise, I didn't get to work out today. :( We were so busy with all the running we had to do, plus my tummy has been feeling icky. Tomorrow morning i'll get right back to working out, and will try and do longer than 8 minutes. And after I had my weight checked at the doctor, I am REALLY going to do better with eating and exercising!!! :)

No comments: