Saturday, September 27, 2008

Just got a call....*UPDATE*

from my sister Kathie......mom isn't going to make it. I'm waiting for her to call me back....i'll update when I hear from her.

*update 1* 2:40pm: My sister just called back and said mom is in critical care. They are waiting to get the pictures (scan) from the previous hospital she was in (she was in University of MD but is now in Mercy Hospital) so they can compare them to the new scans they have. They are now saying it could be ovarian cancer, but how in the hell can it be that when they took everything out of her back in May?!?!? I HATE that they keep throwing that damn word around still. Anyhoo, they are going to do more blood work at 3pm to check her platelets again. She is also only breathing with the ventilator.

*update 2* 7:00pm: I talked with dad and he said mom is in stable condition. She still has bacteria pneumonia, which casued her lungs to bleed and that caused her platelets to drop. They gave her lots of blood today, and so far she is doing somewhat better. The word cancer hasn't been said anymore, and let's hope it stays away.

*update 3* Sept 28 6:41pm*: I talked again with dad. Mom is still doing well. She is sedated and still on the ventilator, but the bleeding has stopped for now. They are going to start her on steroids soon to help build up her lungs. The scans did come back showing there is NO cancer, thank goodness!!!! They are now saying she had uterine/ovarian cancer and not stomach cancer. I'll keep this post updated as I get news.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...I read the first one and got all freaked out, then I saw the 2nd update. I hope she keeps improving!!!
You are all in my thoughts and prayers!!
{{HUGS}}



Jackie and Thalia

Christine said...

Thanks so much, girls.....i'll keep this post updated.

Jewel Allen said...

Good luck with everything! I hope things keep going on the upswing...

Christine said...

Thanks so much, Pink!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear your mom is ill. This is my first visit to your site. Just wanted to say that I said a prayer for your mom.

Christine said...

Thanks so much......*hugs*