Friday, December 28, 2007

Rainy day

It's been a little bit since i've done a "regular" post here, so I guess it's time for one huh?!? LOL

down and went to sleep pretty quickly. When I knew he was good and asleep, we brought all his gifts down from upstairs and set them up under and around the tree. We did end up being sneaky with his portable I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Our's was very nice. Christmas eve Zane took Tyler and I to Pigeon Forge to see all the lights there. It's pretty much our family tradition.....so is getting a funnel cake there! Usually we have to go up into Gatlinburg to get a funnel cake, but this year the place in Pigeon Forge was still open when we got over there so we didn't venture up the mountain this year. We ate our funnel cake at Patriot Park and it was SO super yummy!!!!! I'm sure I probably gained a pound or so back after eating it, but it was SO worth it! LOL I tried to get a few pics of the lights we saw, but for some reason my camera wasn't working with me. We had such a great time there, though! When we got home it was after 9pm, so I got Ty settled down and into his pj's, then let him help me set out cookies for santa. Once he had the right amount of cookies, he climbed into bed and said "mommy, make sure you don't eat those cookies...they are for santa!" LOL I assured him I would not touch them, and he finally laid done andwent to sleep. Once we knew he was passed out, we brought all the gifts down from upstairs and set them up under and around the tree. We really got him with the portable dvd player, though. We hid it until after he opened all his gifts! LOL All in all he made out very well this year. He loved everything!

So, i've been doing my best to keep myself busy and occupied so I don't dwell on the news about my mom. I got the playroom cleaned out and organized to make room for all the new toys Ty got. Now all I need to do is get the living room cleaned out! I was going to work on taking the Christmas stuff down from in there, but I think i'll wait until this weekend. I'll be so glad to have my living room back. There are toys all over the place in there! I have been slowly taking toys into the playroom, but they somehow make there way back into the living room. Hopefully once the tree and other decorations are down and out of there it won't be so cluttered when he brings a toy into there.

I also started working on getting things for his birthday and working on a "party" for him. We're going to do a Scooby-Doo theme this year. I ordered the cake toppers yesterday, plus some other party favors today. (thank you amazon gift cards! LOL) I also got a few things from eBay to go along with his party. I don't know if we'll have anyone be here for his b-day, but if we do we'll be ready for them! Actually, Zane is hoping his mom and dad can be here for Ty's birthday, which would be really nice. But if it's just the three of us we'll still have a great time! I would be nice to have some family here to celebrate with us, though.........

Well, I guess that's all for now. I really need to get some stuff done in the living room before I get dinner going. Tonight we're having steak off the grill with some rice and some kind of veggie.....yum!!! Take care all!!!!

No comments: