Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mom news

Ok, I tried to do a blog post about this earlier, but Firefox is really being a pain today and IE is even worse with dial-up!! Anyhoo, my sister called a little after 11am and said a nurse came out to update that the first cut was made at 9:25am and my mom was doing good so far. I also found out the surgeon said the whole surgery may only be 6 hours long or a little longer, but again it really all depends on what they find when they get started. I'm still waiting for more news and will update this post once I find out more........

**UPDATE**

I got a call around 5pm from my sister.....THEY GOT ALL OF THE CANCER!!!!! They got every bit of it, praise GOD!!! They also had to remove her uterus, ovaries, part of her bladder, her spleen, part of her liver and a few other things I honestly can't remember. Everything they took out she can function without just fine, so i'm just happy the cancer is all gone!!! They did say they did a chemo treatment while they still had her open, but that was just a precaution. They also don't honestly know just where this cancer originated from since it was attached to so many different things, but they will run some tests on what they took out to see if that will determine anything. But, the main thing is they got it all out.......WOOHOO!!!!!!!

I want to honestly thank everyone for their prayers and good thoughts over the past few months. I honestly don't know how my family and I would have gotten through all of this without you all and I just wish I could find words to tell you just how grateful I am and how much you all mean to me. I love and cherish you all with all my heart!!!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm so happy to read this. I had your page up earlier and didn't see your post. Yikes, sounds like it was a complicated surgery, but yay for Cancer Free! I pray it stays the heck out of your Mom. She's been through plenty. Prayers still coming your way. ((HUGS))

Christine said...

Patrice, thank you so much. You have been such a huge support for myself and for my family. I don't know what I would have done without you to lean on!! Thank you so very much for being there for me when I needed it. **hugs**

Unknown said...

Aww, you're welcome. I feel like bursting out into "That's what friends are for..." LOL!

Christine said...

LOL, there ya go!!! :)