Monday, November 17, 2008

C-O-L-D!!!

It's so cold outside today! And tomorrow is supposed to be colder!!! Did January sneak up on me or what?!?!? I know I shouldn't complain, since it of course could be worse.....at least there is no snow.

I still can't believe Thanksgiving is next week. I think we're going to get our turkey this coming weekend......yum!!!! I also think i'm going to attempt to make a pumpkin pie. We bought that Libby pumpkin pie can stuff where you just add eggs and milk, and I already have a pie crust in the freezer from when I made an apple pie last month so we'll see how it goes. All I can say is, i'm glad I have extra insulin!!! LOL

Last week we decided to get the layaway out from K-mart while we had a little extra money. I'm glad we did, since they seemed to change their policy on us. They told us we had until the 19th of December to pay it off, and if something went on sale while it was on layaway we would get the difference. (I was there when the guy running the layaway told Zane that) Well, two weeks ago they put their Cabbage Patch 25th anniversary dolls on sale for $10 less than what we paid, so we went up to Kmart to make a payment and get the price adjusted. Well, we went back to the layaway with the sale paper and told them about the price difference on the doll and the lady said, very rudely "You only have 7 days for that!" Zane told her the guy who was there the day we did the layaway told us we had until it was paid off and picked up for the price adjustment and she said, once again rudely "Well, no one here would tell someone that, so I think you were mistaken." I spoke up and said "So, your calling my husband a liar?!? I was here with him when he was told that!" She said, "well I can't adjust anything, you'll have to take it up with customer service". All the while she was adding our payment to our account. She handed us a receipt and said "You have until Dec. 12th to pay it in full." And Zane said "I thought we had to the 19th?!?" She said they changed their policy, "blah, blah, blah...." as she was walking away. She was SO freakin' snarky about it! We went up to the customer service desk and promptly told them how the lady at layaway was. They said someone else had just been there to complain about her and that they would take care of the situation. (yeah, i'm sure...) Anyhoo, Zane also told them what he was told about the price adjustment and they said they normally don't do the adjustment after a few weeks, but they would take care of it for him, so they gave him a $10 kmart gift card. When we left I told him we needed to get that stuff out of there as soon as we could. I've always hated dealing with K-mart, but since they are the only place to do a layaway anymore, we were stuck. So, everything is here and already wrapped.....what a relief!!! We're going to pick up a few small things here and there for him, but over all we are done.

Before I go I want to share with you a picture of our latest visitor. Meet Sticky.....






I *think* he is a brown praying mantis. I told Tyler he looked like a stick and he said "Awww, hi Sticky!" We found him on Saturday evening and he is still hanging out on the porch!!!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Grrr, what a bitch! K-Mart is right up the street from us and we only use it as a last chance place. Now I LOVED K-Mart in NY though. It was so nice. What an attitude problem. Grrr, if you don't want to deal with people, don't work in a store!


Ooh, I love the bugs in our backyard. It's fun when they come 'round.

Christine said...

Usually this K-mart isn't too bad.....I think she must have been pms'ing....or needed to get laid or something. LOL

It was so cool to find Sticky....lately the only bugs we've seen around are those stinky ladybug looking bugs! I HATE those things!!!!!

Unknown said...

LOL! Our backyard is a good place to find outdoor bugs. A few months back, we saw this big spider (I know, you're afraid of spiders, but this was cool) it was walking around the front planting area. We brought the girls out and we saw this other bug pulling the carcass of the spider that Jon-Christopher and I had seen alive just moments before. It was so cool.

Unknown said...

Hahahahaha, the need to get laid is enough to get anyone pissy. ROFL!

Christine said...

I'm terrified of spiders, but love seeing them outside. We get Orb spiders quite often and I love their webs.....they are gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE Spiders. They are so fascinating. The webs are art, aren't they? :)