Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mom

My dad called last night to update me on my mom. She is making progress, and the doctor once again said he is very impressed with how well she is doing. She does have a bladder infection from the catheter, but they are treating it. They had her standing yesterday and she got really dizzy and had to sit back down. They said that is to be expected since she has been laying down in bed since last Thursday. She is starting to eat more, which is good. They have a release date for her as of this Friday, but she is going to have to go to a nursing home/rehab place to help with standing and walking again. My dad did say the chemo treatment they did was a 90 minute heated treatment, so they most likely won't have to do anymore chemo on her! :) My sister and her husband are going to go visit her today, which will be nice. I'm hoping to get to talk to my mom real soon, since it has been since Saturday.

3 comments:

CurlyMonkeyMomma said...

Oh Chris, I am sooooo glad she is doing well!! She is a strong woman and will be fine and she knows her family loves her, so that gives her even more strength!!!
{{HUGS}} and continued prayers!!!
Love ya!!!

Unknown said...

No more chemo?!?!?!? OMG, yay! Please keep us updated. :D

Christine said...

Thank you both so very much!!! I'm about to do another update in a few!! :)