Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mom news

*sigh* My mom sure can't seem to catch a break.....

My dad called a little while ago and said she has had yet another setback. Yesterday they noticed she had some fluid built about around her kidney/liver/somewhere around that area. (my dad couldn't remember, and I could hear it in his voice how upset and sad he was) Anyhoo, they gave her something for it and that in turn casue her pressure to drop drastically. She was in ICU last night because of it (and I think he said she was back in her room now?) but her eyes were closed just about the whole time and still are, and she is flailing her arms up and down which they said could be from her pressure dropping so fast. They did lots of tests to see just what is going on now. My dad was home when he called and said he was waiting to hear back from the hospital with the results, and said he would let me know what they say.

I just don't understand what is going on. I mean, just last week she was sitting up on the side of the bed all by herself and eating.....her strength was slowly coming back, and she kept talking about going home and being able to come to TN to visit. I knew she would have some set backs, but this seems to be way too many setbacks for her! And my poor father......yes, it's hard for me being so far away, but I can only imagine just how hard it is on him. I can now hear it in his voice and it breaks my heart.

I'm sorry this update wasn't more upbeat and i'm also sorry I didn't get some of the info right. It was just such a shock to hear about all of this this afternoon, especially after how well she seemed to be doing......i'll update when I hear back from my dad.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Christine, I am so very sorry to hear about your mom. It really sounds like she is having such a hard time. Keep talking to your dad...it will help him to stay strong! I know it must be very hard on him as well. I can't imagine how worried he must be for her. I hope that she will come back from this awful setback and be okay!!

Christine said...

Thank you so much for your kind words, Bethany.....they mean so much to me.

Unknown said...

OMG! Here I was sending light e-mails and I had no idea. :( I'm going to keep praying for your Mom. Gosh your Dad must be stressed out. ((HUGS)) to all of you. Hope to hear some good news again that sticks.

Christine said...

Sweetie, you have no idea how much I needed those light e-mails......I LOVE getting emails from you!!! I'll be reading them and start cracking up and Tyler will ask "mommy, what is so funny?!?" LOL You always put a huge smile on my face......**hugs** I'll update as soon as I find out something......

Unknown said...

:) LOL! So does Maryjean--the other 2, sometimes, but Maryjean wants to know everything that's going on. ROFL! I'm going to have to send you some e-mails while you're MIA, just so you're stocked up. :D