Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Coyote update

Remember my post about seeing a coyote? Here. Well, I was talking with my neighbor and he said while Ty & I were in MD visiting family, a coyote tried to attack someone's dog down the road from us! (there are only three houses down the road from our house on the left and 3 houses to the right) The game warden was called out, and they set traps and caught 6 coyotes total. The big one that tried to attack the dog was killed by the dog owner. She said she heard noises outside and saw a huge coyote in her yard. She went outside with a gun and the coyote was growling and started to come after her so she fired..........from what our neighbor heard, the game warden put all of the coyotes down. I don't know if it was because they tried to attack someone or if they had something wrong with them. I'm really relieved that we don't have to worry about having them around anymore.......as much as Tyler plays outside, even with Licky out with him I was still worried. I had never seen a coyote as big as the one we saw.........SCARY!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy crap! I had no idea there were so many coyotes out there. Eek! Here's hoping they found them all. Although I have to say I feel kind of sad for them. I mean I wouldn't want them around, but they are just doing their thing. Kinda sad--but whew what a relief all at the same time.

Christine said...

I felt the EXACT same way.....I felt so incredibly sad they killed them. Like you said, they were just doing their thing. But at the same time they said the big male was very agressive and not scared at all of people.......creepy!!