Monday, September 15, 2008

Mom update

I'm so sorry I haven't updated sooner. I'm still trying to get caught up from being gone two weeks!!!

Anyhoo, mom is still doing well. She is now at the rehab place that is affiliated with UMD hospital, and my dad said on Friday that she was doing well with her therapy. She was giving thumbs up and was smiling when my dad showed her pics of Tyler. :) They are supposed to be putting a cap on the traech (sp?) so she can talk and then they will be doing a swallow test so that they can start giving her food to help build up her strength. She is still get her nutrition from an IV, but still needs lots more. I'm hoping as long as she does good and no other infections pop up, she should be going home within the next few weeks!!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Do they have a date for when they are going to cap her trach? I can't wait to hear that she is out and healthy! And real food!

Christine said...

I'll have to ask my dad about the date, but he did say it would be any day. Now that she's had another set back it could be awhile, though. :(

Unknown said...

I hate that for her--for y'all. ((HUGS))