Monday, November 9, 2009

Sickies are about gone

It really seems like the sickies are finally done around here! We all 4 still have a bit of a cough and stuffy noses, but it's easing up alot. I took Ty to the doctor on Friday since he had been sick the longest and he said he had a slight sinus infection, so he's on antibiotics for 10 days. Chase still has a runny nose but his cough is just about gone, thank goodness. I will be SO glad when it's all gone completely and I can taste & smell things again.....I never thought I would miss being able to smell Chase's poopy diapers, but I hate changing him and finding "surprises" in there! LOL

Other than the sickies, things seem to be going good here. We're all getting excited about visiting MD in a few weeks. I'm dreading the drive a little, though......driving 500 miles with a 5 month old should prove to be very interesting. But we have things semi-planned out for when we're in MD. We'll be spending Thanksgiving day with the in-laws, then Friday I want to head up to where my family is and visit my mom then spend the rest of the afternoon with the in-laws (I hate that they're making us feel obligated to spend all of our time with them) then on Saturday we'll head to my dad's house and everyone will meet there for the get together. I'm excited for everyone to see how big Ty is getting and to meet Chase!!! We'll most likely leave super early Sunday morning so we can get back home early enough to rest before things go back to normal on Monday.

So yesterday I did a little Christmas shopping online. I had some gift cards I had been saving and got Chase two cute toys. One is a set of keys and one of them you can fill with water to help with teething. The other is something that plays music, which he loves. I also got myself a new set of holiday cookie cutters!! I was in desperate need of new cutters. I didn't see anything for Ty yet......he is SO hard to shop for this year! He's named a few things he wants, but for the most part I have no idea what to get him. :( I'm going to get Chase one other toy.....a Fisher Price puppy that sings and talks.......and that will most likely be it, since my family and the in-laws will most likely spoil him. Hopefully after Thanksgiving i'll be able to concentrate more on gifts for Ty.

Well, I really need to get off of my butt and finish putting laundry away........hope everyone has a great week!!!

No comments: