Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday rolls around again

Boy did this weekend go by fast. We were so busy and on the run that it just flew by! Friday Z went to the bank and got our Christmas fund out so we could start getting things for the boys. We got some really great deals, and they are just about done! It feels so good to be able to say that, knowing that we don't have to worry about where the money will come from for the boys gifts. Money is tight all year long, but it's usually extra tight around the holidays! For Ty we got him:

- a Penguin Pillow Pet. He wanted the pig, but everytime I went to order it it was either sold out or kept going up in price!! He said he also liked the penguin and puppy, so we got him the penguin.
- a Spongebob Lego set, plus a starter Lego kit.
- a Leapster 2. he has the original Leapster but we feel he is ready for the next one, but not quite yet ready for more expensive handheld gaming systems....so far the Leapster can take his abuse! LOL
- I Spy Leapster game....He just LOVEs those I Spy books, as do I!!
- a 5 pack of Hot Wheel cars....like he needs more....he has SO many of them and they are always laying everywhere, but Kmart had them super cheap so we couldn't resist.
- 2 Matchbox play sets that hook together.

I still want to get him a few Chapter Books, since he loves to read so much.....plus we still need to get him a few more things for his stocking. And for Chase we have gotten:

- an Elmo play set. Kmart had a huge markdown on toys a few months ago and we got an amazing deal on it!!
- an Elmo alphabet bus
- a Monkey Pillow Pet. Of course I had to get him the monkey....he is, after all, my little monkers!!!
- a 5 pack of Hot Wheel cars...we are such a gluten for punishment. Photobucket
- Yo Gabba Gabba dvd
- Spongebob hat and mitten set.....I saw this at the store last Friday and tried it on him....he looked ADORABLE!!!!



We also need to get him a few more things for his stocking. Not too bad, huh?!? I am SOOOOO ready to get started with decorating for the holidays.....ok, is it wrong that I already have our first decoration up?!?



Ok, to be fair I had to hang it up because the little wooden thingie broke and I need to keep it flat so it wouldn't break any worse.....that's my story and i'm sticking to it!!! Photobucket

No comments: