Friday, June 10, 2011

Doing some research......

So I have an appointment with the hoohaa doc the end of this month for my yearly, but I wanted to also talk with her about some ideas for birth control. Right now we are wrapping it up, and we BOTH hate those things. We had discussed Z getting snipped, but with him just having surgery in April I didn't want him to have to go through any other procedures. I thought about getting another IUD, but really didn't want to go with the copper one again.....it made my cycles SO painful and way to darn long. I thought about the Mirena IUD, but i'm really not a fan of hormonal birth control. (was on the depo shot for about 3 years and that was HORRIBLE!! I wouldn't even recommend that to my worst enemy!) I do like that it can stop AF, which is nice. I started to do some research and found some info on the procedure Essure. It sounds PERFECT for us!!! We know in our hearts we are done having babies, especially with my health. And I am always so darn paranoid about getting pregnant. (Z has some pretty strong swimmers! LOL) I love that Essure has no hormones and can be done right in the doctors office....and that insurance will cover 80% of it! So it really sounds like the perfect form of birth control for us.........I actually can't wait for my hoohaa check-up now!!!

No comments: