Thursday, September 22, 2011

Gravy.....

So i've never been a huge fan of gravy. There were basically three I liked;

- my dad makes an AMAZING gravy!! Anytime we would have steak (mainly cubed steak) he would make it........
- Campbell's Chicken Gravy....has some yummy seasonings in it
- Campbell's Pork Gravy...VERY hard to find!! We have yet to find it here in East Knoxville. Anytime my parents would visit from MD they would bring us a dozen or so cans of it! (yes, I love it that much!)

That's about it. I never liked any of the jarred gravies and the canned Beef always smelled nasty to me. And I never learned to make my own gravy, no matter how easy it was!! (hey, it hasn't been all that long ago that I learned how to thicken things without leaving huge chunks of flour mixture! LOL) Well, Z showed me the McCormick powder gravy mixes and that they had a Pork gravy mix so I decided to give it a try....and I am SOOOO glad I did!! It is really, really good!!!! We also tried the brown gravy and that is just as yummy......now that I found a gravy I like, it's like eating foods for the first time!!! Hamburgers, steak, pork chops.........yum, yum, yum!!!! Thank you, McCormick!!!!

No comments: