Wednesday, November 2, 2011

More sugar cookies!

A few days ago I made up the last of our sugar cookie mix. (we bought it last year and just now finished it up!) There was actually enough dough to make two batches, so I used it all up and put the dough in the fridge, hoping it would help with the dough sticking when trying to roll out. Now, i've done this before with different types of sugar cookie dough, but never this dough. In case you are wondering what kind i'm using.....



Why yes, that IS a 6lb bag of cookie mix!! And to be honest, I never thought a cookie mix could taste so darn good. I mean let's face it, most cookie mixes just don't come close to being as good as made from scratch cookies. Let me assure you, this is by far the best tasting sugar cookie I have ever had!! And not only is the sugar cookie mix good, but so are the Krusteaz Chocolate Chip and Snickerdoodle mix!! And all you do is add a stick of butter and one egg......SO SIMPLE!!! Everyone who has tasted the cookies I have made with these mixes has raved about how good they are and can't get over the taste. And many, many years ago my mom would bring these sugar cookies home that a a friend of her's mother would make, and they were almost as thin as a potato chip....and the taste was AMAZING! For years I have searched for a sugar cookie with that taste and I think I have finally found it.

Anyhoo, moving on. So I took some of the dough out yesterday afternoon and after dinner last night Ty and I made cookies. (Chase had no nap and was SO sleepy, he ended up in bed a little after 6:30) I decided to try using two pieces of wax paper again (one on the bottom and one on the top) to roll out the dough to see if that would help with it sticking. I had done it that way a few years ago with different cookie dough and it was such a mess. Well, it worked perfectly!!! In fact, I only put a tiny amount of flour down and that was all I needed!! And I actually managed to get several batches of cookies paper thin......OMW, they were heavenly!!!! A few of the thinner cookies stuck to the wax paper, but I used my cookie spatula (which is a HUGE lifesaver when it comes to making cookies....best $1 I ever spent!!) and they came right off the paper and transferred easily to the cookie sheet. I think the hardest part now is keeping Z and Ty (and myself!) out of the cookies!!! Photobucket

No comments: