Saturday, June 30, 2007

Doctor update

I know I said I would update on how the doctor visit went this past thursday, but I wasn't able to get online until late yesterday. Just to warn you, this will most likely be a long post so if you would rather not read, please just exit now.....LOL

So we had our appointment on thursday at 12:15pm. We get there, get checked in and wait to see the doctor. They actually took both Zane and I back together, which helped alot since we had Tyler with us. So we're in the room and Zane decided he would get checked over first. They check his pressure, then ask me to sit up on the table to be checked. The nurse is checking my pressure when she says.."whoa, something's not right....." then proceeds to check my pressure again on my other arm. Then she asks me how i'm feeling, if I feel dizzy or have a headache. I told her I felt fine, which I did. She said my pressure was awful. So she takes Zane to get some blood from him for other tests and while he is gone, the doctor comes into where I am to talk with me. He was super nice!! He went over what the nurse had put into the computer, and when he saw what my pressure reading was, he said "WOW, that can't be right!!!" I get back up on the table for him to check it himself, and sure enough it's still high. They ended up checking my pressure 7 times on two different blood pressure machines, and they even had other people try the machines to see if they was possibly something wrong with them. Bottom line, my pressure was high.....270/160! When they told me how high it was, I was freaking out!!! I could not believe it! He asked if I had been feeling fine the past few days and I told him I had. He assumes it's been high like that for several days. They did a urine sample and he checked my vision. There was protein in my urine, and he "thinks" he saw a tiny bit of pressure in my eyes. He sat us down and said what we had both feared....that I needed to go to the emergency room right away. He called ahead for us, and by the time we got to the hospital they already had a room ready for us....we didn't need to go through the ER at all, just right to my room! That was SO nice. We filled out paperwork and got me all settled in. My sugar is still out of whack, but my pressure is doing awesome. They let me come home yesterday afternoon. I checked my pressure last night while we were at walmart filling my prescriptions and it was perfect!!! Speaking of prescriptions, I am now on 2 blood pressure pills, 2 sugar pills, a cholesterol pill and an 81mg aspirin....thank goodness for walmart $4 prescriptions!!! I was reading the paperwork that comes with the meds and found out the one that was supposed to be for cholesterol was the generic prozac!!! I'm thinking, WTH?!?!? So I got to reading the papers the hospital gave me about the meds and did some research online....come to find out, walmart gave me the wrong medicine!! They mis-read what the doctor put on the prescription!!!! I only took one of the pills last night so I should be fine, but I was so ticked off! Why the heck can't the doctor's write so people can read it?!?!? Just crazy......

So anyhoo, I am home and SO glad to be here!!! I missed my men so much. Zane had to work yesterday but Tyler was at the hospital with me. Thursday night I was alone in the room and missed them both so much.......

That should do it for now. All kinds of exciting things going on, huh?!? LOL Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I replied on your MuSpace, but that was so scary, I'm glad you're okay now.