Wednesday, April 16, 2008

WOOHOO!!!

I was so worried about our azalea bushes out front since they hadn't bloomed yet these year, mainly because they got hit with frost pretty badly last year. I figured with the warm weather we had been having they would have surely bloomed by now, especially since lots of other things were blooming. Well, I looked at them over pretty well last week and I couldn't believe what I saw.....flowers!!!!! Well, buds at least! I was SO happy!!! Not every bush had buds on them, but i'm just thankful they survived the bad frost last year. Lots of the blooms have actually opened up into some very beautiful flowers! I'll be sure to get some pics today and post them. The bushes that do not have blooms on them still have some healthy looking leaves, so i'm hoping they will come back next year. There is only one "bush" I want to take up that is dead, so that's not bad at all. I told Zane I want to get a few more azalea bushes to plant out front to help fill in the garden more. I *think* we may look around this weekend for some things. The past few nights it has gotten below 34 degrees at night, so I have made sure to cover up the bushes to keep them safe! I'm hoping last night was the last time for that. I'm ready for spring to STAY around now!!!

I'll be sure to get some pics of the azalea bushes sometime today.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm dying to get to Lowes. But in front of our house things don't grow too well. I think we need to put out new soil or something. You should see how many dead plants we have--that's why I want the flamingos, to make the front pretty. ;)

Christine said...

Ahhhh, ok!! You had me worried at first, asking about flamingos......LOL

Unknown said...

hahahaha. My weirdness is catching. I'm looking to convert a few more people. LOL!