Friday, August 22, 2008

Giving an early heads up

Next Friday, Zane, Tyler and I are going to be driving to MD. My sister Kathie called me Wednesday and asked if I had thought anymore about coming up to see mom. I told her we were still thinking about it, but not sure when we would be up. She asked when the last time I had talked to dad and I told her earlier that day....(it was his birthday) He had told me she was making some progress. The infection in her lungs is getting better, as is the infection where the incision is. She still has a tube in her throat that they want to take out and do a tracheotomy so she can still get help with breathing but will be able to talk. Well, my sister said she went to see my mom on Wednesday and said she was really looking bad and that I really need to start making plans to come see her as soon as I can. She said my mom is not really in a coma, but she is not able to stay awake and they don't know why she won't come around. She did tell me they did a cat scan on her and her brain activity is right where it should be, 100%. Now, when I talked to my sister Dee she said the nurse & doctor both mentioned her not waking up could really be from poor nutrition. They are giving her nourishment to sustain her, but that's about it and she really needs much more than that to build her strength up.

So, Zane made some phone calls yesterday and got us a good deal on renting a minivan we can use to take to MD. My family said to still keep my appointment next Thursday, so I will still get the IUD out next week. Zane picks up the van early Friday morning and once he brings it back to the house we will get it loaded and be on our way. Now, Zane has to come back on Monday because the van has to go back, plus he has to go back to work on Tuesday......but Ty and I will be staying in MD for awhile. I honestly don't know how long we will stay there.....plus, all of this is going to be a surprise for my dad! I can't wait until he see's us. :)

I should have some internet access in MD, so i'll hopefully be able to keep everyone up to date on things.

No comments: