Friday, August 15, 2008

A mom update :)

All I can say is, all of those prayers and good thoughts are working!!! I did end up going to Pigeon Forge with my sister and her husband. We got an update on Monday that mom was doing better, and I took my cue from my sister and decided to not rush up to MD. I knew if my sister felt we all needed to be there, she would have gone right to MD in a heartbeat. Every day we got several updates, and each day was just better and better! She ended up not needing surgery for the fluid in her lungs. They kept her sedated so she wouldn't even have to exert herself to open her eyes. They drained some fluid on Wednesday and they were a little worried about the color, but yesterday they drained more and it was the color it was supposed to be. They drained over 3 liters of fluid!!! Plus, the head surgeon is furious with how his associates have handled/treated my mom. He is now taking full control over everything with my mom. His associates removed the drain she had in his stomach......he flipped and had them put in back immediately! He is also upset with how they keep trying to rush her into a nursing home/rehab place, but I also think the insurance and medicare are to blame for that. My brother was in MD and he and my father both told the surgeon if things ever happen like they had been happening, they will be sorry. Mom is now awake a few minutes at a time and is responsive. The nurses ask her to do things like squeeze their hand or blink her eyes, and she can do that.

So all in all, mom is doing well!!! I know she is not out of the woods yet, but things are slowly improving. My sister that was visiting promised to update me from now on, and said if she felt we should be there she would let us know. So, we are still on standby of course....Zane's work is also on standby and said anytime he needs to leave, just let them know and it wouldn't be a problem. It's been such a roller coaster of emotions this past 5-6 days. Sunday my sister and her husband got here for vacation, and we both got phone calls about mom being so ill....and now she is doing so much better.

I want to thank all of you so much for the prayers and good thoughts for mom and my family. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes, thinking of how lucky I am to have such an amazing support group.....I wish I had a way to personally hug each and every one of you in person!!

I'll of course continue to update as I get information. **hugs**

No comments: