Tuesday, December 16, 2008

One of the "perks" of living in the country

Let me start off by saying I LOVE where we live. I love living so far out, and not having neighbors all around us and up our butts. One of the downsides, especially when it's cold.....mice. I found some "presents" of all places, upstairs. Why in the world a mouse would want to be up there I have no idea. Granted the bathroom is up there, but there's no food. Hmmm, maybe that's why it made it's way down into the kitchen?!?!? Yesterday I went to get my handmixer out of the drawer and found a nice little "present", along with huge holes chewed into my bag of chocolate chips. Also, the past few nights i've noticed our cat MeeMee sitting and staring at the drawers and cabinets in the kitchen. Last night I made sure the sticky traps were set up in one of the drawers so I could catch this little "present giver". Well, this afternoon I was in the kitchen making lunch when I thought I had heard a scratching noise, followed by a squeek.......I thought maybe it was Tyler in the other room so I just shrugged it off. A minute or so later I heard it again and instantly thought "We caught the little booger!!" I opened the drawer with the traps and there it was........it's whole body stuck to the trap, trying to get away! I grabbed a grocery bag and a set of tongs (I can only image what I looked like, a grocery bag in one hand and a set of tongs in the other) and picked up the trap to put into the bag. Before I put it in the bag I told him; 'See, if you would have just kept your presents to yourself and NOT eaten my chocolate chips it wouldn't have ended like this!" I mean, didn't he know your not supposed to eat someone's chocolate chips, let alone a pregnant womans chips, right before Christmas?!?!? I quickly disposed of him and made sure I double checked the drawer to make sure the other traps are still good....i'm sure he has friends that would just love to share all their "presents" with me. They had better leave my damn chocolate chips alone!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

EEEEEKKKK!!!!!! Shudder. I love the idea of being out there--provided I can get to the city easily cause I am too much of a city girl--but I hate mice. Shudder. I could not be that brave. EEEKKK!!! I feel like the maid on Tom and Jerry lifting all her skirts--LOL! I wonder if I'd get in trouble for aligning myself with a stereotype? Hmmm. LOL!

Christine said...

LOL!!!! We had been lucky with the mice so far this year, but I guess our luck is running out. :( And with the house being so old, there is no way we could find every opening to close it so they won't come in. YUCK!!!