Monday, January 12, 2009

Something new!

Ok, so I decided to take the plunge and give digital scrapbooking a try. (like I need yet another excuse to sit my butt at the computer! LOL) I love to paper scrap, but all of my scrap stuff is upstairs and it's SO cold up there right now!!! Plus, I just wanted to see what all the talk was about with digital. So far, I really like it!! I downloaded the free program Gimp to give it a try and I just didn't care much for it. I decided to give my Photoshop a try, and so far it's working great! The only downside is, I need to download the free kits and things, and being on dial-up takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R! I downloaded a kit last week that took almost two days to finish. I'm thankful that I found a site that let's me download things in the kits separately for dial-up users, which has helped tremendously. The site is: http://www.shabbyprincess.com. I love all the free kits they have there! Here is the first digi LO I did:





I still have so much to learn obviously, but it' so much fun learning new things!! I think i'll work on downloading more things today while i'm trying to get some housework done. I'm so glad I gave digital scrappin' a try!! (I bet I regret saying that one day when no housework gets done due to digiscrappin...LOL)

No comments: