Friday, October 30, 2009

Field trip was a blast!!!

We had such a great time yesterday!! We had a meeting with the teacher to get instructions and find out which kiddo went with which chaperon. After we got our info we went to the classroom and they were watching a movie......well, once the kids saw Chase in the stroller that was the end of the movie! Ty got up from his seat and hugged me while all the other kids came up to see Chase. Tyler was so proud....he said "This is my baby brother!" and he had a huge smile on his face. I couldn't get over how all of the kids ohh'd and ahh'd over a baby! It was really sweet. After the teacher came back and made sure everyone had their lunches and knew who their buddy was, we headed out to the bus........I swear, the kids were more excited about riding the bus then going to the zoo! LOL We actually drove the van to the zoo and we got there before the bus did. When the buses pulled up, you could see that all the kids loved riding the bus!!! Here is a pic of Ty waiting to get off the bus at the zoo.......he was looking at the teacher, waiting to see when they could get off the bus;



Once we finally got to go inside, it was awesome!!! The kids had such a great time, and the buddy that Ty had was so good.........they had told Z that Ty's buddy was really hyper, but she wasn't hyper at ALL! She had great manners and was an amazing helper. We saw some REALLY beautiful animals.......Ty said his favorites were the zebras, elephants and rhinos:



I love the look on his face!


I honestly thought there were only 2 rhinos and a big rock....LOL!


There was an ostrich there that was hilarious!!!! When we first walked up he was running around in a huge circle. I got my camera out to try and get a pic of him running and he looked right at me and stopped in his tracks.......he came right up to the fence in front of me and pecked at the fence. After I got a few pics he ran off again and started doing a little "dance". LOL I think my favorites were the elephants and white tiger.....the white tiger was SO gorgeous, but he kept his back to me!!! I wish this pic would have turned out better....



Chase had a great time as well, even with his cold!! He really loved watching all the kids playing and running around. The only bad thing is, we lost his bottle at the end of the trip....and it was the only bottle I took with us!! :( I totally forgot to pack extra bottles. He still did very well, though.....in fact, he was SO wiped out he went to sleep a little after 5pm last night and didn't wake up until 5am this morning!! Woohoo!!! All in all it was a great trip!!!

No comments: