Thursday, October 21, 2010

Recovery.....

It's so hard to believe tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I had my tonsils out! So far recovery has been good. That first week was ROUGH!!! I'm so thankful Z was around to help out. My sense of smell is SO strong now! And still some drinks taste a little off to me, but they are getting better. I can pretty much eat non-soft foods now, like crackers and doritos. (I ate a few doritos the other day and as long as I take small bites they don't hurt swallowing at all) I still can't "chug" anything I am drinking and need to take smaller sips. I learned that lesson the hard way the other day when I went to take a big drink of water......boy did that hurt!!! I did end up getting a cough which they say is common when you have your tonsils out. The ENT office told me to keep taking my pain medicine and it should help get rid of the cough......i'm not sure what that has to do with a cough, but i've been taking it and the cough is just about gone. (although I honestly think the cough was just getting better on it's own) My follow up appointment is November 1st and I can't wait! I want to ask him about my adenoids (why/how they disappeared)..........

No comments: